Christmas is coming and I think the parents should give you babies some exciting presents. For example a simple type of cakes: cake pops. They are so colorful and you can make them by yourself right at your kitchen, conveniently and happily. This post introduces you the popular way to make cake pops for Christmas.
- A piece of redundant custard
- Whipped cream: 1 – 2 tablespoons
- Candy coating: vanilla or chocolate color
- Preferred decorative sugar
- Candy sticks
- Sanding sugar (white, other colors…)
- Gum paste snowflakes, gum paste trees, green gum paste
- Gold flakes
- Milk chocolate
- Candy cane bits
- White and red royal icing
- Use your hand to wring the custard. The cream still left on it will be mix finely with the custard. After mixing, if this mixture has been still rather dry, pour 1 to 2 tablespoons of whipped cream into it to make the cake soft but not flaccid. Then, use your hand to hold a little of the mixture and if you feel that it can be shaped, it is fine.
- Use your hand to shape this mixture into round balls with the diameter of about 2-2.5 cm. Put them in a tray, seal and put the cake tray in the fridge for about 2-3 hours to make the cake pops become hard a bit. If you want to be more quickly, you can put them in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Melt the candy coating in the microwave according to the instruction on the package cover. Put the candy coating in the bowl and then put the bowl in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Take the candy coating bowl out of the microwave to stir a little. Then put it in the microwave one time again for about 15 seconds, you will get a melted mixture. If you feel that this mixture is rather solid, you can give 1-2 tablespoons of cooking oil into it and mix all together.
- Dip the head of candy sticks in the candy coating mixture and then plug that head into half of cake pops in order to ensure the cakes will be held firmly on the candy sticks.
- Dip the cake pops plugged into the sticks in the candy coating mixture. Use a spoon to water the candy coating on all the cake pop. After that, you will decorate the cake pops before that candy coating is dry.
- Dip some cake pops into sanding sugar, attach gum paste snowflakes and gum paste trees on them.
- Some others will be dip into milk chocolate, and sprinkle a little golf flakes on them.
- With some other cake pops, drop on them a little coconut, candy cane bits or white sanding sugar to make snowballs.
- Put the green gum paste, white and red royal icing on the top of some cake pops to make miniature fruit cake version.
We are sure that with this gentle recipe, you will create delicious cake pops as well as the wonderful presents for your children on Christmas Eve.