This is a nice surprise to serve your guests. It will taste good, and the presentation would be so novel.
To get a perfect cheesecake you need a special appliance. What is it?
Here is your answer:
Using a FoodSaver vacuum sealing system!
The benefits of using a vacuum sealer to seal in the cheesecake is that one, the flavors are mixed well, and preserved as is. Also, it can preserve the cheesecake for longer time. It is air-tight, and odor-proof so your cheesecake will not smell like any other foods in your refrigerator in the same way that none of your other foods will smell like cheesecake.
You can use any model of FoodSaver vacuum sealing system. But not all models come with the jar sealer accessory (hose and lid) to use on mason jars. For some, you may have to buy it separately (see detailed instructions at http://vacuumsealeradviser.com/food-saver-reviews). It is, however, worth the investment. Aside from cheesecakes, you can pretty much seal in and preserve other foods like grains, cereals, even coffee. You can also use on fruit preserves.
Mason jars and lids come in two sizes – regular or wide-mouth. Jar sealers also come in both sizes. Decide what size you prefer and buy everything in that size. Regular-size sealers cannot be used on wide-mouth jars.
My special guide for making Cheesecake:
- Pecan shortbread cookies, finely crushed, 6 pcs.
- Butter, melted, 2 tbsp.
- Canning or mason jars with lids, ½ pint size, 6 pcs.
- Fresh strawberries, sliced, 12 pcs.
- Cream cheese, softened, 1 pc. (8 oz.)
- Fresh lemon juice, 2 tbsp.
- White sugar, 2 tbsp.
- Heavy cream, whipped, ½ cup.
- Mix together in a bowl melted butter, cookie crumbs and 2 tbsp. sugar, blend well;
- Divide this mixture to 6, putting it inside the jars (approximately 3.5 tbsps.
- Press gently to the bottom, but don’t pack it in solid;
- Prepare the strawberries by cutting into halves the 6 pcs, while chopping the rest of it;
- In a bowl, put together cream cheese, ½ cup sugar and lemon juice;
- Beat with an electric mixer in medium speed until consistency is smooth;
- Fold in whipped cream and the chopped strawberries;
- Divide among the 6 jars (approximately ½ cup per jar);
- Top each with berry halves (2 pcs each);
- Cover with lids;
- Vacuum seal using a vacuum sealer;
- Keep chilled until ready to serve, at least 2 hours.
Steps to vacuum seal mason jars:
- Put the cheesecake inside the mason jars;
- Put the lid on the jar;
- Attach the jar sealer on top of the jar;
- Attach the hose to the hole in the middle of the jar sealer;
- Attach the hose to the vacuum sealer;
- Turn machine on;
- It will stop when vacuum sealing is done;
- Wait for a few seconds before pulling out the hose from the top of the jar sealer;
- Remove jar sealer.
Now you can enjoy your cheesecake for a long time to come.